Thanks to the drought, there are more rattlesnakes around than usual. And to make matters worse, they're now snaking their way into residential neighborhoods and California backyards where small children play.
A 2-year-old girl, named Ishneed Kaur, was bitten by a rattlesnake, June 9, 2015, while playing in her backyard in Pittsburg, California. She had to be https://gardening.ces.ncsu.edu/ airlifted to Children's Hospital in Oakland for immediate treatment.
That same week, a 4-year-old boy was bitten after stepping on a baby rattlesnake Sprinkler System Installation Greenville coiled on a bike Sprinkler System Installation Greenville trail in Folsom, California. When his ankle started to swell and turn purple as a result, the child's mother, Jacklyn Caramazza, jumped into action and sucked the venom from his wound; a dangerous move, which may have saved the boy's life, but most experts don't recommend.